The Seed Savers Exchange (SSE) quarterly member publication, The Heritage Farm Companion, is now being made available online and our 2014 Spring Edition has just been posted.
Non-members can get a preview of this edition by reading about SSE’s past and upcoming farm-to-table collaborations with the Pepperfield Project in this article by David Cavagnaro.
Members can log in to exchange.seedsavers.org and click ‘Heritage Farm Companion’ under the resources tab to view the entire publication, as well as all of our past publications.
Topics in the 2014 Spring Edition include the following:
- SSE’s Accessions Policy
- Plant Profile: ‘Red Climber’ bean
- Miss Gladys McGee’s rutabaga
- Planning SSE’s Display Gardens
- Livestock Genetic Resources
- Savoring Food Traditions
- Alaskan Member Profile
- Restoring the Exchange
- Forthcoming Resources for Community Seed Projects
- Community Seed Projects in St. Louis
- Searching for Lost Limbertwig Apples
- 2014 Conference & Campout Announcement
Seed Savers Exchange is a non-profit organization located in Decorah, Iowa, with a mission to conserve and promote America’s culturally diverse but endangered garden and food crop heritage for future generations by collecting, growing, and sharing heirloom seeds and plants.